Haven't been around much. Been getting back in close with my best friend Reed lately, playing Gears 2 and Left 4 Dead (thanks Jen) online a lot. That's essentially where all of my free time goes lately, with work being so hectic. Officially got that promotion, btw, and am now making roughly 33-36k per year before taxes (though taxes are stingy on us 1099s).
Got new neighbors below me. At first they were incredibly loud, and now I never hear them. Wondering if they were murdered or something. Makes me cautious to play Rock Band drums real loud, though it'll be hard to stay away with recent Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam announcements.
Can't wait for the 24th... I desperately need that vacation time. It's been a terrible year, between the stuff with Val's family, my grandma's death, etc... My dad just recently had a couple of strokes too. I'm stressed. Can't get enough sleep. My eyes are my best feature, which doesn't say much when they're bloodshot 24/7.
So what was everybody's favorite games of 2008? Here's my list...
1. Dead Space (Atmosphere, gameplay, story, monster design, graphics... the definition of a total package)
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Easily #1 with more gameplay, but unfortunately, I can barely remember playing the game aside from little moments and all of chapter 4)
3. Mega Man 9 (The best throwback ever? Totally)
4. Castle Crashers (Fantastic throwback to the beat-'em-up era with tons of unlockables)
5. MLB The Show (I've played this more than any game in years--ever, maybe? My outfielder Risky Biscuit is in his 9th season)
6. Gears of War 2 (Great campaign, flawed multiplayer. Bummer)
7. Braid (Coolest story ever)
8. N+ (Basic, simple, fun)
9. Left 4 Dead (Great co-op, needs more than four campaigns though)
10. LittleBigPlanet (Awesome story mode, flawed creator)
Honorables to Rock Band 2 (some big improvements but the removal of certain features, like checking what your stars are on each song, was stupid) and Bionic Commando (nearly #10... lots of fun).
Games I did not play worth noting: Fallout 3 (not an Oblivion guy), COD5 (not a COD guy), PoP (looks boring), anything on the Wii, DS and PSP.